We think a campervan is the only thing you buy that makes you richer… do you agree?
Campervans make a wonderful investment, because they depreciate a lot less than a new car, and everybody wants one – especially in the spring and summer, so it’s easy to sell on when you decide to upgrade to a newer one. Make sure you buy your campervan from an established converter, because if they’re like Sussex Campervans there’s a good after-sales service to help you keep it in top condition.
But the best reason to buy a campervan this year is that it gives you the perfect reason to escape from the stresses of modern life, making the most of every free moment, as well as actual holidays.
Campervans bring couples closer. People with children are able to give their little ones the most wonderful memories, to last a lifetime. Single people discover it’s the perfect way to explore the UK – and Europe – in comfort and safety. And dog owners no longer have the hassle and heartbreak of leaving their pets in kennels.
It’s all very well, you may be thinking, but how can I afford to buy my dream Sussex Campervan this year?
I’ve been thinking about this a lot, so I thought I’d share with you a few finance options that you may not have considered.
- Part-exchange vehicle. We take ‘anything with wheels’ in part-exchange when you order a campervan from us. We’ll get the best part-exchange price possible for you, to reduce the cost of buying your campervan. Why keep a car, when you can drive our campervans as your only vehicle?
- Personal loan. Interest rates are still at low levels – so this is a great time to shop around for a fixed-term unsecured loan with your bank or building society.
- Finance. We’re very happy to offer you one of our campervans on finance. Click here to watch our Sussex Campervans finance video. Once you’ve chosen your campervan, you just need to pay £1000 to secure the order. After that, our trusted independent financial adviser will work with you to create your monthly repayment plan, typically spreading the cost over up to 10 years. The better your credit rating is, the lower the interest rate will be. At present, the annual interest rate (APR) is less than 9%, but he will advise the best rate available at the time of the order. Of course, the more you have saved up as a lump sum, the less you will need to borrow.
- Extend your mortgage. Mortgage rates can be even lower than personal loans, if you shop around. As with any mortgage, if you are unable to repay the lender they’ll want you to sell your home in order to pay up.
- Downsizing. Lots of our customers decide to downsize from a family house to a smaller home, once their children have grown and flown. This frees up the cash you need to enjoy your well-earned freedom from family responsibilities at last.
- Shared purchase. In the same way that some families buy a holiday home, caravan or lodge to share between them, why not buy a campervan between several close friends or family members? Just make sure you draw up and sign an agreement to share the running costs and who uses it when!
- Windfall. Of course you may win the lottery, or – more likely – inherit money. Many people like to spend an inheritance on a campervan, in honour of their loved ones, because life’s too short to spend the whole time working!
I hope you find this round-up of finance options useful. Let me know if you have any more creative ideas, won’t you!
Don’t forget – “A campervan is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
Why not come and see us at Sussex Campervans? We’re open six days a week, and we’d love to show you around our campervans and give you a tour of our workshop. We’re in the countryside north of Horsham in West Sussex.
Just give us a ring on 01403 336 369 to book an appointment, and we’ll put the kettle on!
Sussex Campervans, Graylands Gateway, Langhurst Wood Road, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 4QD.